Simplify My Space

November 24, 2009

Happy Holiday Shopping

Happy Thanksgiving! If you are like me, it's time to consume my body weight in food and pass out on the couch watching football or the Macy's day parade surrounded by cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents. I love Thanksgiving! And what I love even more are the family traditions that happen during this holiday season. Come Friday morning every female in the house will roll out of bed around 4:30a, throw on whatever clothes are nearby, load up in a couple of cars, grab a morning coke from Sonic, and crash the "black friday" sales at the mall and surrounding retailers. For those of you that think I am crazy and would NEVER imagine waking up so early to fight the crowds, you will be glad to know that this post will be helpful to you as well. I am here to encourage you to be an organized Christmas shopper; whenever you choose to do so in the next 30 days. Here are some basics for successful holiday shopping this Christmas.

1. Make a list of gift recipients
2. Determine the appropriate amount for each recipient
3. Write down of few gift ideas for each person, allowing a back up plan if all the "Tickle-Me Elmos" are gone
4. By each gift idea, jot down where to shop for that item and go online to print off possible coupons
5. Map out your shopping destinations
6. Try and minimize your shopping to 3-4 days
7. Carry cash, if possible. This will help you keep track of your spending and allow maximum privacy.
8. Accept "Free" gift boxes and tissue whenever offered. Even if you dont use them all for Christmas, they might come in handy some other time.
9. Lastly, wrap the gifts as you buy them. This will keep you from stressing out Christmas Eve and allow you to really enjoy the joy of gift wrapping.

I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Please feel free to share your holiday experiences and ideas. I look forward to hearing from you.

Until next week....Happy Thanksgiving! Hope to see you Friday morning. ;)

4 comments:

  1. I will organize my day as to which football game I will watch and when to eat and nap. I have made a list and checked it twice.
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips!! Believe me--I need 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just stopped by to see your blog...and leaving with a smile and some great, practical tips. Girl, you're good!
    Thanks for sharing--excited for you in your new adventure!
    Love,
    Sallie Dino :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous ideas...I have an hour plane ride to figure these details out this evening and yes come Friday morning- mom, sister, and I will be out with the crowds finding fabulous steals. Thanks for the organized suggestions! You're the best!

    -Jess

    ReplyDelete