September 11, 2010
July 31, 2010
- Drinking glasses need to stay close by the dishwasher, sink or refrigerator
- Flatware goes in a drawer close to the dishwasher for easy unloading
- Pots/Pans/Pyrex Dishes/Cookie Sheets go in lower cabinets by the stove
- Plates hover around the stove top and try to be in close proximity of the dishwasher
- Trash Bags go in a cabinet or drawer close to the main trash can
June 22, 2010
May 17, 2010
This month I have had the pleasure of speaking about my passion of organization in front of a group of fiesty women in Gunter,TX. I was able to share many "how to's" on cleaning out your closet. In review, here are a few points that were discussed.
- Create 3 Piles - Throw Away, Donate, & Keep
- Clean, Contain, & Repel all seasonal items being put away -Space Bags, Cedar Sticks, Clear Plastic Bins
- Sort through your hanging clothes - Remember ROYGBIV- White/Gray/Black/Brown
- Add a closet rod doubler to increase short hang space
- Shoe Boxes & Divider Shelves are great for organizing shoes
- Use Canvas Bins and/or Decorative Boxes for Purses, Scarves, Hats & Gloves
- Drawer Dividers can make a huge impact to any drawer
- Utilize the wall behind your closet door for hanging necklaces on hooks
- Small Tool Organizers are perfect for earrings, bracelets, and small misc. items
- Find a Hamper that fits your style and habits
- A small Trash Can will prevent small pieces of trash being left on the shelves and floor
April 12, 2010
2. Mop/Broom - Its a good idea to invest in a new mop and broom
on a yearly basis, its worth it for as much as you use it. Or should use it. : )
4. Cleaning Caddy
The checklist seems a little overwhelming at first glance, but take it a day or week at a time. Honestly, you can do most of this in a weekend. It's just a matter of DOING it. Trust me, I am the same way with yard work. It takes some motivation to get it done but it ALWAYS feels so good when its finished.
As always feel free to email me with questions. There are several places to shop for all these products but I can give you an idea of where to start. Just let me know.
HAPPY CLEANING & ORGANIZING
February 9, 2010
Here are a few interesting before and after pictures.
1. Built In Drawers
2. His Side
3. Back Wall
4. Her Side
1. Built in Drawers
2. His Side
3. Back Wall
4. Her Side
Before I made this closet look organized I had to create chaos and pull out most items that were once on the floor and on the shelves. Clothes were sorted into "throw away","donate", and "keep" piles, while hanging clothes found a home with other like items. I like to sort shirts and skirts by color then organize from shortest to longest. The pre-existing space did not accomodate for his or her amount of shoes therefore a few products were bought to bring sanity to their shoe collection. These clients were on a budget, so for under $60 the entire closet was organized (2 shoes racks for each person and 2 dividers to sort her binder/portfolios.) In between his side and the built-in drawers was a bare wall where I decided to hang a full length mirror (slightly seen in "his side" pic) to add volume to the closet and really catch the eye of the female viewers. (Come on, what woman wouldn't want a full length mirror in THEIR CLOSET. I have to stand on a chair or the tub to see the bottom half of my outfit. : ) Summer clothes and less frequently worn items were hung on the 3rd level while purses were placed in previously owned containers. And like every closet that has it's odds and ends, each item eventually found a suitable home. What once was a cluttered catastrophe became a spacious haven for home buyers.
If you know of anyone needing some assistance in getting their home organized and sold, please let me know. The organization and tone of a home can make a huge impact on home buyers.
Please feel free to make comments! I always love hearing from you.